101 Freeway Closure
Please be advised of the following construction project in the Downtown Area:
- The 6th Street Bridge closed on Wed. 01-27-16 due to its crumbling infrastructure that cannot be stopped or repaired.
- The bridge is set to be demolished on Sat./Sun. Feb. 6-7, 2016.
- The 101 freeway will be closed for 40 hours from 10 pm on Fri. Feb 5th to approximately 2 pm on Sun. Feb. 7th.
- Alternative routes will have to be taken into and out of the Downtown Area.
- It is highly advisable that you start planning your detour routes if you must come in to the Downtown Area, otherwise you should avoid it for this particular weekend.
- Please see the attached notification from the Bureau of Engineering and note that some freeway on-ramps will be closed.
- Another Allstaff reminder will be sent out next week close to the event date.
Please see the map below for freeway detour routes.